The end of October brings many things along with it – colder weather, shorter days, and of course, Halloween! At this time of year, I always prepare myself for a breakout of pumpkins, candy, and amazing Halloween decorations.
Much like my fall blog post a couple of weeks ago, I decided to find several must-dos to help everyone get into the Halloween-y mood:
1) Screemers is one of Toronto’s best-haunted theme parks, featuring a wide variety of terrifying attractions and shows, including the Zombie Prizon, The Haunted House, and Skull Castle. Join Screemers this October as they celebrate 25 years of terrorizing their guests! For adults, kick back and hit up the Vampire Lounge and toss back some liquid courage before coming face to face with your greatest fears.
2) The infamous Halloween Haunt at Wonderland is one of the most popular Halloween attractions out there. Feeling brave enough? There are 700 monsters scattered around the park as well as mazes, live shows, and scare zones.
3) Every now and then, I do love a blast from the past. If you haven’t already gone to…or even if you have….go watch the original, Rocky Horror Picture Show in theatres. There are several showings at the Ted Rogers Cinema throughout October and into November. Don’t forget to dress up and bring your props!
4) Save some money this year and rent a costume instead of buying one! Everyone wants a cool costume at an affordable price, and for something you only wear once a year, plenty of people are looking to save some money. Malabar, located in Toronto, does just that.
5) Choose costumes from historical figures, superheroes, animals, and more! Be cautious of what your costume will be this Halloween, as more people are starting to make more conscious decisions on what to wear.
6) Choose something unique to give out on Halloween night! Instead of giving out candy, give out arts and crafts supplies, fun school supplies, or toys. There’s even one person in our neighbourhood who hands out Webkinz. Make this Halloween a memorable one for kids.
7) Take a peek at Casa Loma’s Haunted House! Make your way through the spookified castle and immerse yourself in a terrifying environment. Witness iconic Halloween figures, such as Dracula, the Phantom of the Opera, and the Creature from the Black Lagoon.
Halloween only comes around once a year. Make the most of whatever you decide to do, and most importantly, don’t be afraid to get into the Halloween spirit!