Toronto is a metropolis of great finds, and it’s with no doubt that we’ve all had to deal with shopping for that perfect gift for that special someone. Gift-giving involves the intricate process of really knowing someone well: You should know about their passions, preferences, and whether or not they would appreciate a certain type of gift from you. To make your life a bit easier, we’ve created our very own top 5 unique gift shops in Toronto!
1. Labour of Love: Located in the heart of Toronto’s historic Cabbagetown neighborhood, 223 Carlton Street, is Labour of Love. This shop’s gifts reflect its namesake, as there’s a wide variety of hand-crafted jewellery and lifestyle products, quality paper goods such as greeting cards, notebooks, and journals, and a unique assortment of kitschy pick-me-ups!
2. Kid Icarus: This shop located at 205 Augusta Avenue is the place to go for the best indie and contemporary gifts. This shop takes pride in their Canadian handmade goods and its own line of greeting cards and gift wrap! Finally, This shop is the home of quality gifts for the creative soul.
3. Outer Layer: Located at 577 Queen Street West is a shop that has cards and fridge magnets that are out of this world! When you step into this shop and ask, “This is really random, but do you have…,” chances are that this shop most certainly has it! With staff members who are dedicated in helping you find that perfect, personalized gift, Outer Layer is the place to go for fantastic advice and finds!
4. Easy Tiger Goods: For well-made home décor items, paper and leather goods, and unisex apparel, visit 1447 Dundas Street West! This shop strives to connect item creators with customers by gathering a selection of goods that are made with love and integrity. Every item has a story, and you can begin your own when you step into this shop!
5. Gifts from the Earth: Whether you need to bring a splash of beauty and colour into someone’s office, home, or garden, this shop located at both 346 Queen Street West and 320 Danforth Avenue is the place for you. From high-quality mineral specimens, to fossils, spiritual items, and jewellery made by local artists, the items in this shop will uplift anyone’s spirit!