Looking for things to do for the upcoming March break? You need to look no further than the SQM Picks list!
- Pop by Bruce’s Mill in Stouffville or Kortright in Woodbridge for the Sugarbush Maple Syrup Festival! Observe the process of tapping and boiling sap to turn it into maple syrup. Dive into Canadian culture, ride a horse-drawn wagon, and get a taste of that delicious Canadian syrup while you’re at it.
- Take in the Broadway production of Come From Away, the smash-hit musical that has landed in Toronto! The show follows the true story of what happened when 38 planes were forced to land in Newfoundland and Labrador following the attacks of September 11th. Tickets are on sale online!
- Rediscover your childhood love for hockey at the Hockey Hall of Fame. Take a peek at the largest collection of hockey memorabilia in the world, view old hockey footage and photos, and observe the records left behind by some of the world’s greatest players. It’s a must-see for hockey lovers of all ages!
- Want to spend all of March break admiring world-renowned pieces of art! Yes, you can! The March break camp at the Royal Ontario Museum lets kids ages 5-14 work on their own pieces of art and learn about history right at the museum.
- Visit the Evergreen Brick Works for a refreshing taste of nature. Learn to ride a bike, visit the garden market, or get a taste of some organic and locally grown foods. Take advantage of the spring-like weather while you’re at it!
- March break is the perfect time for a trip to the zoo when it’s not too hot and not too cold! Make sure you get a chance to see the giant pandas before they’re sent off to the Calgary zoo.
- Head off to Niagara Falls for some great weather and a fantastic view. There are some amazing waterparks there including the Fallsview Indoor Waterpark and Great Wolf Lodge.
- Pack your bags and head north to get in some spring skiing, or to simply relax at a resort. Get away from the city life, recharge your batteries and take some time for yourself.
- Hit up an escape room! Immerse yourself in a life-size puzzle in which you have to use your wits, brains, and intelligence to escape. It’s a great teamwork activity and will test the mettle of your friendships like nothing ever has. Some can even be done with kids!
- Ottawa is an excellent place to visit for a trip focusing on Canadian history and culture. Visit the National Gallery of Canada in which the stories of Canadian artists are shared, or pop by the Canada Aviation and Space Museum to learn about engines, aircraft, and the international space station itself.
- Visit Science North in Sudbury and view their many exhibitions, including flight simulators, the gravity well, and the human fitness lab. Science North has an excellent range of activities for all ages and can be educational to people at all stages of life.
Whatever you choose to do from skiing to an escape room, or simply just relaxing, I hope you and your family have a safe, eventful, and happy March break!